Travis graduated in Law with Honours from the University of Adelaide and was admitted to practice in 2011. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Adelaide.
Prior to admission to practice, Travis clerked for a leading Queen’s Counsel, Mrs Marie Shaw QC, and at a South Australian mid tier firm. In 2011 and 2012, Travis worked as the Associate to the Honourable Justice Peek of the Supreme Court of South Australia. In late 2012, Travis practiced in Criminal Law at the Legal Services Commission before joining Iles Selley in 2013. Travis became a Principal of the firm in July 2022.
Travis instructs in a range of commercial litigious and criminal matters and assists Dominic Agresta. Travis’s practice areas are increasingly diverse and he has recently worked on the following matters:
• Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse;
• Special Leave Applications to the High Court of Australia;
• Civil and Criminal Trials in the Supreme, District and Magistrates Court of South Australia, as well as interstate Courts;
• Tribunal and Disciplinary Hearings, including Sports Tribunals; and
• Constitutional Law litigation before the Full Court of the High Court of Australia, sitting as the Court of Disputed returns.
In his spare time, Travis is a Director of the South Australian Olympic Council. Travis was a member of the Australian Olympic Team at the Athens Olympics in 2004 in Volleyball. Travis is also an Ambassador for the South Australia Premier’s Reading Challenge which promotes reading in schools.