Nathan graduated from the University of Technology, Sydney with a Bachelor of Laws. He was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in February 2012.
From 2013, Nathan worked at Lander & Rogers Lawyers in Sydney where he specialised in the resolution of complex contractual, equitable and insolvency disputes. Nathan acted for and against ASX-listed and major public companies in large-scale litigation.
His significant matters included acting for:
• Investa Property Group in Federal Court of Australia proceedings in pursuing a contractual and equitable claim concerning the sale of two residential developments (Investa Properties Pty Ltd v Nankervis (No. 7) (2015) 333 ALR 193 (first instance proceedings); Oliver Hume South East Queensland Pty Ltd v Investa Residential Group Pty Ltd  FCAFC 141 (on appeal));
• Bankstown Airport Limited in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings in defending a multi-party contractual claim concerning a federal airport;
• a large group of franchisees across Australia in a high-profile dispute against Caltex Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd;
• a former Optus dealer in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings against Optus concerning dealer commissions;
• Clarius Group Limited in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings concerning the termination of an information technology contract;
• a mining investor in Supreme Court of New South Wales proceedings concerning a mining investment agreement where one of the parties allegedly defrauded the investor; and
• Liquor & Gaming NSW in high-profile prosecutions involving fraudulent gaming and charity schemes.
Nathan moved to Adelaide with his family in 2017 and joined Iles Selley. Nathan works with Nicholas Iles on a range of commercial litigious disputes, including professional indemnity litigation, Trust disputes, contractual disputes, company disputes and public law matters.